Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Homecoming Dance 2017

By Emma Sweeney
Edited by Elizabeth Goodrich
(School Life)

The Homecoming Dance at Massabesic High School took place on Saturday, September 30th, in the West Gym, from 7-10 p.m. When you first walked into the building, you were swarmed by people all trying to get into the dance. After you made it through the mob of well-dressed high schoolers, you were then greeted by a teacher who took your dance ticket. Once you made it past the teachers, there was a small hallway that had lots of decorations left over from the hallway decorating contest. There were props from Monsters Inc., Moana, Alice in Wonderland, and Peter Pan. At the dance, there was a variety of snacks for you to munch on. They had cupcakes, cookies, popcorn, chips, and pretzels. In addition, each attendee was given two free bottles of water.
IMG_6681.jpg
A decoration from the Monsters Inc. Hallway, along with some snacks.

You could hear the popular music blaring from the gym, and you could feel the bass from the loudspeakers. When you entered the gym, it was dark except for colorful laser and strobe lights that illuminated the area. If you weren’t blinded by the lights shining directly into your eyes, you could see students dancing. There was a large group of people by the speakers dancing and singing along to the music. Lots of friends met up, and they danced and hung out together.
IMG_6682.jpg
IMG-6684.JPG
In order from left to right: Emma Sweeney, Zoe Seward, Xander Morley, Annabelle Deveau


For my first Homecoming Dance, I will say that it was a lot of fun, and I’m glad I went. I got to dress up, and hang out with my friends. As a freshman, I was nervous that there would be lots of seniors there, and they would be intimidating, but I had a great time and did a lot of dancing! I would recommend everyone goes to Homecoming next year.

2 comments:

  1. I know this is your first article, but for some advice, I would suggest not using the first person. These articles are to inform people about things that happened and/or happening, not your personal experience. (Don't take that wrong.)

    ReplyDelete