Saturday, April 8, 2017

Advice With Bryce

We answer your hardest questions!
By: Anonymous

How do you make a good habit with organization?
Dear Unorganized,
Labels, lots of them. Try to keep items in groups based on certain features, like different classes or different uses. Keep yourself to your organization and change it if it is not working.


How do I be a better Christian?
Dear Bamboozled Believer,
There are many great resources out there for how learn more about what you believe in. The most obvious one, the Bible! I also found a great site for some ideas to push your comfort zone, and be a better Christian you. Click here!
 2 broke girls bible earl garrett morris GIF

What do you do when you're failing gym class and you're not sure how to bring your grades up?
Dear failing,
Talk to your gym teacher about it. If you don't feel comfortable talking face to face with your teacher, send them an email about it and possibly set up a day to stay after to get caught up. I’m sure your teacher will be more than willing to help you get grades up as long as you put in the effort.


How do proteins work? And how do they help you get leaner muscle?
     Proteins do most of the work in the cells and you need proteins for the structure, function, and regulation of your body’s tissues and organs. Proteins are not the only way of getting leaner. To get leaner muscle there is a process which includes physical activity as well. When doing certain exercises your muscles become “damaged”. When this happens you have to heal those muscles therefore, most people eat foods enriched with proteins. That is how you become leaner.




Are Tacos healthy?
They can be! It really depends on what ingredients you use or where you get them from. Making them yourself and using fresh ingredients is a lot healthier than getting them from Taco Bell. Here’s a nice light and healthy taco recipe! Click Here!
Patrick Kain dancing food taco GIF



It seems as though none of my friends can be loyal.  I feel that some of my friends are only my friends when it benefits them.  How do I let my friends know that this is hurtful without making our friendship worse?
Dear Loyal,
    Tell them in a nice calm way that your feelings have been hurt, and that you don't know if there is a reason why you are feeling this way.  This may open the line of communication between you and your friend.  If you don't feel comfortable talking to them in person you could always send them an email or message.   I suggest to not press them too hard to know if he or she is telling the truth.  There will be plenty of opportunities for them to prove their loyalty and you will find out the truth.  If the situation gets worse, and it continues to bother you, you may have to talk to a guidance counselor or a trusted adult. From my past experiences talking to my mom has helped me to reason through my difficult friendship issues.  Wondering if someone is being loyal to you can be difficult.  Just remember that many young people goes through this and you are not alone. I hope this helps you with your friends.



Get to Know The Brycees
We have been getting some personal questions, so in this edition, we will answer them! The Team:
How many times have you seen Rogue One in the past month?
R: I’ve never seen it.
S: Me neither
B: Haven't seen it yet.
D: I haven't seen it.
M: I have not seen it.


How long can you go without social media?
R: An hour at the most. It's sad.
S: I don’t have any social media
B: 3,000 years.
D: I could go without it for maybe a week.
M: I could go about a 1 year.
 facebook twitter social media GIF

What country were your grandparents born in?
R: USA. My great-grandparents were born in Poland and then came to America.
S: USA, but my Great-Great-Grandparents are from Italy.
B: USA
D: Most of them were born in the U.S, but one was born in Canada.
M: My grandparents were from Ireland, and Finland.


What is your favorite winter activity?
R: Sleeping.
S: Drinking hot cocoa!
B: Relaxing
D: Drinking hot chocolate and watching the snow fall.
M: Horse back riding in the snow.
 snow winter christmas movies cold 1974 GIF

There’s a train heading towards a train with 5 people you don't know. On the other track is a family member, but the train only goes that way, but only if you pull a lever…What would you do?
R: I would save my family member because I love my family and I would feel more compelled to save them than people I don't know.
S: I would try my best to brake the train, and then I would probably save the 5 people. Think about it this way, there are 5 times as many sad people if I choose to save the family member. If I save the random people, there are exponentially less affected.
B: Save the five, they probably have families too.
D: In my opinion, I would probably save the five people. Just as M said, “more people are saved.” I do love my family and I would do anything for them, however, those five people probably have family they are trying to get to and they deserve to complete their trip. If there was anyway to save them both I would do it in a heartbeat.
M: I would probably save the five people because more people are saved in one choice then just saving one. But that doesn't mean I don't love my family, though. If it really came down to it, I would choose my family in a second.
 loop train buster keaton GIF

What is your favorite sport?
R: Competitive eating.
S: Swimming!
B: Sports are stupid.
D: Volleyball
M: Horse back riding!!


Which fictional character do you believe is most like yourself?
R: Squidward Tentacles because I'm very bitter having to do work. I also have a big nose and a big ego. I enjoy the sound of a clarinet, as well. Maybe it's a sign.
S: Hermione Granger, because I am not afraid of telling people when they are wrong.
B: Edward Scissorhands, nothing else is needed.
D: Well, a wise person once told me I am a fictional character, so since I can't think of one, I will just say I am my own fictional character.
M: Alice from Alice in Wonderland, because at times I do think in odd ways, and I do make up things a lot. Sometimes people do consider me to be a bit crazy too.


Do you have any pet peeves?
R: My biggest pet peeve is when someone is singing a song that I like and they get the words wrong. I don't know why but it really grinds my gears.
S: My biggest pet peeve is when people are inefficient! It really rattles my chains!
B: People who are loud for no good reason.
D: My biggest pet peeve would probably be when people who have no idea what they’re talking about think they’re right.
M: Well my biggest pet peeve would have to be when people say horse terms wrong.


How many 2nd cousins do you have?
R: What kind of question is this?
S: I have too many cousins to count!
B Probably none.
D: I couldn't tell you I have a big family!
M: Maybe like 50 or something.


Favorite candy bar?
R: Kit Kats.
S: I’m not me when I’m hungry. Snickers!
B: Hershey's
D: I can't choose I love so many!
M: Sour Gummy Bears!!
 netflix candy unbreakable kimmy schmidt kimmy schmidt ellie kemper GIF

Favorite song at the moment?
R: She Had The World by Panic! At The Disco.
S: Imagine by Pentatonix. Originally by John Lennon, the music video is powerful.
B: Wrong Side of Heaven  by Five Finger Death Punch.
D: Body Like a Back Road by Sam Hunt
M: Vahinko by Sanni.
Product Hunt music cats dj music streaming GIF

Favorite band at the moment?
R: Panic! At The Disco. I love them.
S: Skillet or Pentatonix. They both have so much talent.
B: Five Finger Death Punch
D: I don't have one.
M: Don't really know.


How do you prefer your steak cooked?
R: On a stove.
S: In a pan
B: Medium Rare
D: I don't really like steak.
M: I don't like steak at all.
 pain hurt meat steak beef GIF

Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you choose as a dinner guest?
R: George Ryan Ross III because he is the most amazing human on earth. His dog, Dottie, is amazing, too.
S: I would choose Yolanda Gampp from How To Cake It, a popular baking channel on YouTube.
B: Me, Myself, and I, because I hate people, I can't even stand them sometimes.
D:  I can't choose just one person because I have so many important people in my life.
M: My would have to be my Grandfather from Finland because it would be nice to see him again since he just recently passed away.


"What Are Proteins and What Do They Do? - Genetics Home Reference." U.S. National Library of Medicine. National Institutes of Health, n.d. Web. 16 Mar. 2017.


Tanzer, Brian, Neal Spruce, Jeff Croswell , NASM Elite Trainer, and Eric Olsen. "Can Eating More Protein Make Muscles Bigger? - Protein Body Impact." Sharecare. N.p., n.d. Web. 20 Mar. 2017.

1 comment:

  1. ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS PORTION! Great use of multimedia...keeps it interesting :-)

    ReplyDelete