Friday, March 3, 2017

Cheers from the Heart


By Candace Lee
Edited by Jocelyn Jaro
Sports
On February 4, 2017 the Massabesic winter cheerleaders went to compete with nine other teams. They ended up placing 8th place out of 10 total teams. The girls cheer coaches are Melissa Vigue and Heather Curter who put in countless hours to help the girls improve.
I asked Alyssa Paquin about the competition, and she elaborated that their routine was done cleanly and all the stunts were hit well. She mentioned that it was probably the best they’ve done all season. When talking with Alyssa, I asked her why she joined and she replied, “Because I wanted to help support the girls on the team, and I love to cheer.” She also told me the best thing about the team is that they all got along well and developed as a group. Their last competition of this winter cheering season will be at Scarborough High School on February 18, 2017.  Come support the girls then.

No comments:

Post a Comment