Thursday, February 16, 2017

Mrs.Chamoff

By: Julia Gregoire
Edited By: Trie Yale


On February 18, 2017 Mrs. Chamoff will be 65. Last fall Mrs. Chamoff was given the Geriatric Longevity Award. This award is presented to the oldest faculty member from the reigning one at his or her retirement. She has been teaching for seventeen years all together and fifteen at Massabesic. Throughout these years, she's taught students “to not only be successful in life but to have an appreciation for literature.” “This wasn't my first career, I've been in the banking business, airline business, travel business, and a stay at home mom, but I wanted a job that could work around my kids schedules.” “I've taught all grades from preschool to 12th grade, and night school. If you total all my time teaching it would be around twenty years.” She has been class advisor two times, she's been on five European trips with culture club, this is her tenth year running the talent show, and she used to run the school newspaper. When I sat with her she said “I love my job, I love the faculty and have met some of the best friends I'll ever have through teaching.” Mrs.Chamoff has two children; Brian who is thirty- two who's married to Melanie and lives in Boston. As well as Meghan who's thirty and runs a restaurant in Portland. When asked what it's like being a teacher she responded “It's the best job in the world, because I get to change the world everyday through each student.”

Mrs.Chamoff with her award.

The Geriatric Longevity Award.

Mrs.Chamoffs family.


The Geriatric Longevity Award.

No comments:

Post a Comment